Monday 16 February 2015

[Cerpen] The Lake of Memories


My name is Dimas. This story happened when i was in senior high school. That day was a cloudy day in autumn. I was riding my motorcycle to a beautiful lake near my school where me and my girlfriend used to spend time together after school was over. But this time was different. I went there alone because she already died. She drowned in this lake.

I arrived there before sunset, when the sky still in red-blood color. I parked my motorcycle beside of tree in the corner. Then i went to the spot we used to spent time together, watched the beauty scene when sunset. I took my harmonica from my pocket and played some music she liked. Until it was about 6:00 PM, the sky turned to dark slowly but surely. I stopped to play music and went to my motorcycle in order to went home. When i was about to turned it on, strange thing happened. I saw a girl in a white school uniform standing across the place i stood now. I wonder what she did there at this time? She looked frustrated while watched the surface of the lake.

Maybe she wanted to kill herself?! I shouted from here and asked to her what was she doing? But she did not answer. So i ran to her place as fast as i could. I was afraid she really wanted to kill herself. When i reach to her place... she was not here! I looked around, but i found nobody. Beside that, it was difficult to looking for someone when the sky already turned to dark.

Was she really jumped in to the lake?? I opened my shoes and quickly jumped in to the lake, chased after her. I looking around but still could not find her. Damn, this lake is very dark, i said inwardly. I almost out of breath too. When i swam to the surface, i felt someone pulled me down. I looked around to search the culprit, but this water is very dark. I tried to draw my foot, but my power was sharply decreased inside this water. After long tried, I succeeded to got my foot back and saw the person who pulled my foot. It was my girlfriend! What?! This could not be happened!! I thought she was died. I did not believe what i have saw. I felt all my power gone. I drawn to the bottom of the lake. Now i just realized that this lake is very deep. I had out of breath. Maybe i would die here. Finally i could met my girlfriend again...........

.....I felt it was so long until i heard someone spoke on my ear. He tried to woke me up. Then i could opened my eyes. I was back to the surface. I saw the person who have spoken to my ear is Provos (the police of ABRI). His watch showed 9:12 PM. I did not believe i was safe. He asked me many questions but i could not answer. My heart and my mind was not ready yet. I wore my shoes again and went to my motorcycle. I went home with a lot of questions and many disbelieve in my mind.

After that incident, the lake slowly lose his beauty. It turned to dirty and stink. I don't know why. All incident on that lake is still mystery for me.
Comments
0 Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment

Berkomentarlah dengan bahasa yang sopan. Jangan ngajakin berantem, apalagi sok2an bawa pasukan demi berantem di komentar ^_^
Your comment will help me make better article for this blog :)